Sunday, February 17, 2008

clinton or obama? - advice
















Dear Evolved Moms: So what do we do? 2 great candidates. one african american and one woman. How great but how do we choose? Undecided in Ohio.


Dear Undecided:
Before the Massachusetts primary

we got a call
from our neighbor across the street
She was calling for obama
and assumed
that as we have black children
that he was our man
Several people have also assumed
that we are for hilary
because we are women
and honestly I am offended
that those who know us
albeit not close frinds
assume that we would make any desicions based solely on race or gender
On top of all of our opintions and concerns and worries
you bet I'd love to have a black man or a woman at the helm
hell yes I would
and how wonderful to have these choices!
But for me this is not about
race or gender
and I do have an opinion
after research and struggle
after looking at the history
after weighing and balancing issues
for my house it's hilary
but not because she 's a woman
although that adds a nice element to it all
her stance on healthcare
don't ask don't tell
her lack of religious and proselytizing rhetoric
for me
politics
should not be religious
that's my line
no gender or race assumption
just what feel's right in this house
if obama gets the nomination
we would be there for him
both choices after all
are amazing
but I hope for hilary
her experience
her power
it's her time

Hope that helps
Evolved Mom Stacey

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At February 22, 2008 12:05 PM , Blogger MB said...

So with you on Hillary. Just makes sense to me...nothing about gender or race (but hooray for some diversity). Just makes sense. I enjoy reading!

 
At March 19, 2008 3:30 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this... I've been on the fence myself, going back and forth, as a lot of lesbian moms are.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home