Thursday, November 08, 2012

A Brief Pause

A brief pause: 
Its so clear to me now after the election. That those people I know who voted for Romney, have never faced oppression, never lived in fear of being denied access to a sick spouse or denied benefits, never worried about two parent adoptions or hate crimes. Never actually struggled with money. When your only concern is financial, when you are wealthy enough to buy your right to cho
ose, or healthcare or a third home, you don't need to worry about those smaller things - like fundamental rights. They don't touch you. And you feel free to not care. But now, for four more years I feel safe, I feel my family is safe, and now that I can relax I can see clearly. And I am ashamed at all of you who took this vote for granted. You took my family for granted. And truly I am embarrassed by you and sad for you and for what you do not feel and see and understand and live. I have standing to be angry. Your vote could have hurt my family. And thankfully we won. And you are now about to enter four years with MY PRESIDENT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home