Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Oh what a year!





















So its been a long time
and I have missed this blog
we have quite a year
keeping me away from this place that I love and need

a flood
a flood hurting our home and greatly damaging our business
and a rebuild
health and repair
stress and elation

and now I am back
where I love to be

and life is back to it's crazy roller coaster

Torin our 7 year old jock
was invited to town wide soccer "Father daughter dance" OY
of course when I wrote to them suggesting that this archaic ritual be updated
no response
shocker
Zion - now 10
will be dancing 7 weeks this summer. Ballet only
and we live in a world of first crushes and deodorant
Jessie is strong and MS is at bay - amazing as ever

and I sit at this desk
where I consult half-time
and think
I am blessed
and still
I'd rather do stand up

So glad to be back!





3 Comments:

At February 23, 2011 10:56 AM , Blogger Carrie said...

OH my gosh he is so old!! The kids and you both look great! Glad to see that you are back on the blog.

 
At December 07, 2011 11:44 AM , Blogger Hamlin said...

nice....Happy Moms realize that the days are long but the years short. It's not that they are impervious to stress, it's that they have learned to lower their expectations and be in the moment when things get difficult. When your toddler is puking all over the house, this is not the time to reorganize the hall closet. A sick day then turns into a time to create sweet memories of hours spent reading and cuddling on the couch.

 
At January 25, 2012 5:57 PM , Blogger FROG'S new PAD said...

GREAT writing!!!! i hope you continue and / or come back to blog some more!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home