Monday, March 20, 2006

Butch Mom
















I have
two tattoos
short messy hair
docs
torn jeans
worn out melissa tapes
even older sex pistol ones
I like camping
and don't mind sweat, in fact I love it
I don't see myself as domestic
I don't see myself driving a volvo
or darning socks
there is no june cleaver here
and I detest pink, in all of it's forms
when my son was born my mother said
"it is probably good that you have a son"
meaning
not a daughter.
My fairy princess arrived 3 years ago today
and I will tell you this
I would do anything
to make her dreams come true
even make a 4 foot
pink dragonfly cake
and buy pink wings
and wave a magic wand
I would do anything
for her













3 Comments:

At March 20, 2006 6:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Torin! You're very lucky to have the moms you have.

 
At March 24, 2006 6:22 PM , Blogger FXA said...

Absolutely! Happy Belated birthday Torin! I am in SF and have a boy who is 27 months old. Your short note made me cry! Our children are very lucky indeed!

 
At March 28, 2006 3:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I am a "femme" mom in DC, with a son who is 100% "boy", and I would play with trains and rubber snakes and roll in the mud for him. I understand...and your words are beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home